Care & Repair

Care and Repair

If you need a trade person e.g. plumber or electrician to carry out work in your home we can offer practical help and support you through the entire process. We cannot pay for building or repair works but we can help you to avoid rogue traders. 

We can assist with obtaining quotes from reputable contractors , liaising with them and organising payment on your behalf. We charge £12.60 for this service (this does not include any works undertaken).

We can also offer a full technical service which includes inspecting your property, drawing up a schedule of the work so that contractors are clear about what is needed, obtaining quotes and site inspection to make sure the work is done properly. The cost is 11% of the value of the works + VAT (minimum charge £192).

The types of work that we commonly deal with are listed below, but this is by no means an exhaustive list.

Roofs, gutters and drains

New windows and doors (or repairs to existing)

Electrics, heating and plumbing

Gardening and decorating


Trading Standards